Friday, April 30, 2010

At Your Service

One thing Korea has is great customer service. From the local convenient store to high end department stores, businesses want to make their customers happy. I guess that's the goal of any business, but here I feel like they genuinely care.

I mentioned that at Home Plus there are 2+ employees in each aisle ready to answer questions, hand out samples and even reach the top shelf for us shorties. I frequently (and when I say frequently, I mean every day) visit the GS25 aka the one stop shop for all of your needs, and the couple that owns the place always greets me with a huge smile. There are also numerous restaurants around Daejeon that recognize my friends and I and treat us like royalty. I've been given free bottles of wine, pop, and even fresh sushi rolls just for being me.

Tonight, I went to a place that just started serving drum roll please... Mexican food! The co-owner is from LA and is going to make a fortune when more people find out about it because Mexican food is a rarity in Korea, especially outside of Seoul. He offered us samples and was so personable.

Another place that has great customer service is the bank. There is a greeter that wears this silly little sash and every month when I go to pay my (one) bill, he's always eager to direct me where to go. So, thank you Korea for your wonderful customer service.

1 comment: