Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jinx

I really think I keep jinxing myself.

As many of you know, over the past few months I've been bragging about seeing a pink dolphin. I was first supposed to see them in Hong Kong and now at the Daejeon Aquarium. After a student told me a detailed story about his pink dolphin adventure at the Daejeon Aquarium, he had me convinced that it was open. Then finding their web site online, really had me convinced it was open and pee-my-pants excited. I got a big group of people together to go to the aquarium and marvel at the pink dolphin with me. We were supposed to meet in the lobby at noon today...

It's 12:05 p.m. and I'm sitting here writing this, not in the lobby, not on my way to the aquarium. Last night a Korean co-worker told me that on the Korean web site it says it's not open until next month. I really didn't believe her so I made her call the aquarium this morning just to make sure and...

IT'S NOT OPEN!

I still can't believe it.

I don't want to talk it.

I guess I shouldn't keep getting my hopes up because my pink dolphin sized heart can't handle all of the ups and downs of Operation: Pink Dolphin.

Until further notice, I'll be pouting the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment