Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lost in Translation

The pink dolphin saga continues...

Within the past 48 hours I've heard approximately five different stories about the Daejeon Aquarium and the infamous pink dolphins.

  1. A student told me that the aquarium is now open. He said he went to it on Saturday and saw two, twin, baby pink dolphins. You can only imagine my reaction.
  2. Today, a student (the one who originally told me about them last term) said that he saw on the news that the aquarium is NOT open.
  3. Another class told me that it's opening in a few weeks.
  4. Someone else told me that it's open, but there aren't any fish (let alone pink dolphins) in it yet.
  5. Finally, this one boy told me that he read in the newspaper that the pink dolphins are fake and that there are only paintings of them. This one almost broke my heart.
Well...

It's real. It's open. I'm going on Saturday. There's a pink dolphin from the Amazon at the aquarium named, Boto. The details are here: http://www.djaqua.co.kr/eng/.

The weird thing is that I had a dream about swimming with pink dolphins on Sunday night. No joke. The next day scenario #1 happened. Dreams really do come true!

Stay tuned as the pink dolphin saga continues...

1 comment:

  1. im really, really overly excited for you to see the pink dolphins and post pictures. I feel like im invested in this mission, and you are totally going to do it and im so excited!

    ReplyDelete