Monday, January 25, 2010

In Honor of American Idol: Welcome to Hollywood!

Every other week is an "acting” week. The students read a news report in front of a blue screen and act out the script. There are different backgrounds and cool intro, news type music, so I get pretty excited when it’s an acting week. Last week April told us that there is an April wide acting contest. All of the April Institutes throughout Korea are to submit their best videos to headquarters and the winners get a trip to Seoul, and could win a Nintendo Wii, electronic dictionary, or restaurant certificates. I tried to motivate my students to do well by giving them extra points (huge!) and I said I’d buy them something “special”. Well that translated to an iPhone, video games, and other electronics that I would never buy them. So I ended the conversation telling them IF you win, we will discuss your prize. Well my bribery worked… for some. Last week all of the teachers got together to make our “dream acting teams” and about ten out of the 16 students chosen are from my classes. Obviously not everyone makes it to Seoul, but I hope my students do well in the competition! Maybe my forensics gestures will come in handy. I’ll keep you posted on how they do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle! Your mom shared your blog address with me, and I'll follow your adventures along with you! Do you know about statcounter? You can track your "hits" and get some idea of who is checking into your blog. Go to statcounter.com and register your blog. Then explore all the link possibilities. I use "visitor paths" and can see many cities where friends are checking in on me. Our blog is www.tedandme.blogspot.com. It isn't nearly as interesting as yours, but if you check it out go back the beginning where the most interesting entries are. Good luck in Korea!

    ReplyDelete