Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What if I Received Entertainment News Before the USA

I may have missed the Critics' Choice Awards hosted by Kristin Chenoweth (original Glinda in Wicked… enough said) and the Golden Globes, but thanks to the Internet (and my obsession with Twitter) I was kept up to date pretty well with the best red carpet moments and winners.

Anyways, one of the first things I thought of when I was adjusting to the time difference here was what if I received the news, entertainment headlines, or even sport scores before any of my friends and family back home. I would definitely be more popular than Perez Hilton, I could spoil the outcome of football games to my sports loving family and I would even know the winner of Survivor before anyone else. Unfortunately, that’s not the case, but I do finally have a TV!

I may not have a table and chairs in my apartment, but at least I have a TV. I’m sure I could’ve survived without one, but I’m glad I don’t have to be put to the test, and it’s 2010: the year of the Winter Olympics! I treat the Olympics like a holiday. I usually go into hibernation and glue myself to a TV just to make sure I don’t miss anything. This event only happens every four years, well two if you include the summer Olympics, and attending an opening ceremony at the Olympic games is on my bucket list. One of the top medal contenders in ladies figure skating is Yu Na Kim and she’s from Korea! She’s featured in so many advertisements here and everyone knows who she is. I’m looking forward to cheering her on.

No comments:

Post a Comment