Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lame-O Title

Tuesday's are my longest days of the week, teaching eight classes straight from 2-9 p.m. so please excuse my non-creative title. I feel like my students provided me with a lot of comic relief today, I'm just trying to remember everything.

Joy, the most hilarious student ever is in my first class. He mentioned that he wanted to change his name to T-ara. For those of you not up to date with K-pop, T-ara, is a girl group who sings the catchy song, "Bo-Peep." I tried to upload the music video, but couldn't figure it out, so YouTube T-ara, "Bo-Peep" and I promise you'll have a new favorite song. On his test paper he crossed out Joy and then wrote "new" above T-ara... in blue and purple milky pens. At the end of each term we reward the "best student" and "best actor" in each level with points and gift certificates. I nominated Joy/T-ara for "best actor" and today he proved his skills. The scene the class had to act out was about farm animals and he was such a ham (haha) the whole time.

During another class, we had a discussion about the differences between cats and dogs. One boy raised his hand and said, "you can eat dogs." Lovely.

I asked my students when they see foreigners out and about if they talk to them and they answered yes! One boy said that he helped a couple with directions the other day and they paid him 1 USD. I'm glad they're putting their English skills to good use.

In other news, I have to write a million student reviews and report cards within the next week, but I did just book a trip to Busan over Buddah's birthday weekend. The weather has been gorgeous recently so I'm looking forward to getting some sun!

1 comment: