Monday, May 3, 2010

May the Force be With You

According to my blog entries, April was a pretty quiet month. The weather is finally warming up, I have access to a rooftop deck that's perfect for BBQing and tanning, it's the last month of the term, and there are lots of holidays to celebrate in May.

This week my students have level up tests so Monday and Tuesday are pretty easy teaching days. May is "Family Month" so Wednesday is national Children's Day. It's a day to celebrate your kids, take them on a special outing, and shower them with gifts. Luckily because of this ridiculous holiday, I get the day off. Wednesday is also one of my favorite Mexican holidays, Cinco de Mayo. My friends and I are having a rooftop fiesta complete with guacamole and pinatas.

Since May is a month to celebrate family, April (my school, not the month) is having another contest. My students are encouraged to video tape their home life and interview their family members. I also have the opportunity to interview my best students and create a video of my own. Both project are just in the beginning stages, but hopefully they will be a success.

Perhaps the most important holiday in May is May 15th, Teacher's Day. I will be sure to remind my students on a daily basis prior to the event. Another important holiday in May is Buddah's birthday. Many temples serve free bibimbap so I'm planning on taking a trip to Seoul to visit friends, explore the city, enjoy cultural events and a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment