Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dropping the Kids off at the Pool

Wednesday is now the longest day of my week and I'm happy I made it out alive. I recently got an another class added to my schedule so instead of teaching six classes, I have to teach seven. It's an extra reading class, but it's less structured and there are only three students in it, so it's not so bad.

Anyways, in between classes, the students have a five minute break which is just enough time to get a drink of water, go to the bathroom and switch classes. I was about to begin class and noticed a backpack next to an empty seat. After I took attendance, I realized that Cherry (great name) was missing and I asked the class if they knew where she was.

Brian (the boy who looks like Randall Weerns, who is actually a very nice student) clenched his fists, scrunched his face, and proceeded to make a grunting noise. He was obviously implying that she was in the bathroom taking care of her business. I held in my laughter, but it was pretty funny. Poor Cherry. Brian had the whole class thinking she was going number two, but she walked in a few seconds later with library books in her hand. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment