Tuesday, February 16, 2010

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

Korean fashion inspires me to expand my fashion horizon (or lack there of) beyond cardigans, tanks and leggings.

Here's an article from The Korean Herald about Korean fashion designers making their debut at NY Fashion Week:

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/data/html_dir/2010/02/12/201002120059.asp

One of my favorite past times is people watching. I would say the best place to people watch is Cedar Point, but a close second is Seoul. Everyone is so stylish. I’ve caught myself staring at oversized bags and five-inch heels numerous times on the subway. It might help that Korean women are so tiny, but I feel like they could wear anything and make it look good. I would say their style is conservative and polished, yet fashion forward and innovative. Even in the dead of winter the majority of women wear skirts or shorts with tights. I’ve tried to buy cute skirts here, but they are literally the size of washcloths. I will have to keep looking. I find it interesting that women are very conscious about not showing cleavage, but they show as much leg as they want to. They also love accessories, especially hair accessories. From headbands, bows, barrettes, and hats… they're all fabulous; however, the scrunchies, bun covers, and extra large banana clips circa 1994 have to go. I especially love when my students come to class wearing a headband, barrette, bow, annnd scrunchie. I don't know how they pull it off. Men are also very fashionable. I love their murses- male purses, everyone has one.

Project Runway: Korea is on TV all the time! I love it. The second season just started and it’s just as good as the American version. Even though I can’t understand Korean, I’ve watched PR enough times to know the structure of the show. The clothes the designers make are incredible and (American) season 1 finalist, Austin Scarlett, is a judge! He’s in a promo for the show and speaks Korean. I feel like if I don’t learn any Korean (which I will!) at least I will know the Project Runway promo!

Always remember to “KIP: Keep It Pretty!” –Gary, contestant on MTV’s Styl’d

1 comment:

  1. belle, you're SO fashion forward, polos and pastel are always in style hahah!

    ReplyDelete