Friday, February 12, 2010

Vampire Weather

I named this entry Vampire Weather for a few reasons:
1.) It has been rainy and cloudy all week.
2.) Birthday shout out to Taylor Lautner. Team Jacob all the way.
3.) I don’t have much else to talk about.

I was actually dreading the weather this week. Not because of the lack of vitamin D I would be receiving, but because I knew my students would bring ridiculously, big umbrellas to class and I didn’t want another infamous umbrella incident. Well, so far, so good, but I have one day left in the workweek so I don’t want to jinx myself. I have had to tell a few students to stop swinging their umbrellas around above their head and to stop “sword fighting” with each other, but so far there hasn’t been any sign of blood or tears… yet.

Actually, this morning I had an umbrella incident myself. Due to the Korean New Year this weekend, I went to Daejeon Station this morning and purchased my KTX tickets to and from Seoul before they sold out. As I was riding the escalator, my umbrella got stuck in the railing. So as I was moving up the escalator, my poor, travel sized (key word here) umbrella was not moving up it with me. Usually I wouldn’t care (ie: Chicago ahem… KAS), but I knew travel sized umbrellas are a rarity in Korea so I didn’t want to lose my luxury item. I couldn’t run back down the escalator because there was a man standing right behind me, the umbrella handle was now extended all the way and my arm couldn’t stretch any further. So I did the unthinkable and let go. Luckily when I let go, my umbrella got unstuck and a nice man picked it up for me. Thank you, umbrella gods.

1 comment:

  1. ugh hate bad weather. i have not had work all week! ugh can you believe it? video chat soon. stay dryyy!

    ReplyDelete