Friday, February 26, 2010

The Night Before the Ladies LP

'Twas the night before the ladies long program when I was still awake
It was almost two in the morning and I could really go for a steak
Each competitors skates were hung by the door with care
In hopes for an Olympic medal and everyone to stare

Skating fans were nestled all snug in their beds
While visions of loops and axels spun around in their heads
Every coach was praying and hoping for the best
But after the long program only the judges could decide the rest

In Korea Yu-Na Kim is considered a queen
She can do triple after triple and never look green
Her short program was flawless and couldn't have been better
I think I might send this poem to her in a fan letter

From Lipinski and Hughes to Kerrigan and Kwan
They may be retired, but they still make lots of won (Korean currency)
They are names to remember, but are old news now
There are new names to know like Nagasu and Mao

The competition isn't over, in fact it has just begun
The Olympics are stressful, but look like lots of fun
From glitter to rhinestones and hairspray galore
I love to watch skating, I always want more

Kim could bring home the first figure skating gold
I wish her good luck and hope she doesn't have a cold
Tomorrow Yu-Na Kim may make and break history
But until then, her fate still remains a mystery

1 comment:

  1. oh my god. michelle. that was SO good. Love le poem!!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete