Friday, February 12, 2010

I Love Lists

Here’s a list of things I want to do in Korea in no particular order:

Festivals- It all started with my love for NachoFest and interning at The Old Town Commercial Association. I love themes and festivals are like one big, themed celebration. Korea has a variety of festivals happening year-round, but a few that sparked my interest include: Boryeong Mud Festival, Chuncheon International Mime Festival, Hampyeong Butterfly Festival, Pusan International Film Festival, and the Gwangju Kimchi Festival.

Busan Beaches- I’m not a big beach person because I hate sand, but all I hear about Busan is how amazing their beaches are. I figure I can’t live in Korea and not visit a beach. Plus I can go swimming in the sea!

Jeju-do Island- A definite must see. There are waterfalls, volcanic craters, and one of the world’s largest lava tubes on the island. Jeju was one of the finalists for the New 7 Wonders of Nature.

Busan Aquarium- Last year my dream came true when I swam with dolphins in Mexico. It’s time to up the ante though and take on SHARKS. In my Lonely Planet book, one of the things you can only do in Korea is dive with sharks at the Busan Aquarium. Bring it on, Bruce (shark leader from Finding Nemo).

Hot Springs- One of the most popular hot springs in Korea is in Daejeon. I see the stop for Yuseong Spa every time I’m on the subway.

Temples, Palaces, and Fortresses- I’m always up for some Korean history.

Lotte World/Everland- Theme parks equivalent to Disney World!

Olympic Park- The 1988 Summer Olympics were held in Seoul and there is an Olympic Museum, a fortress, parks, gardens, and a variety of stadiums. I’ve stood on two Olympic podiums (Lake Placid, NY and Sydney, AUS) so perhaps I can make it three!

Rock Climbing/Bungee Jumping- My friend’s sister is a certified rock-climbing instructor and is visiting in July. She has already been researching places to go. My other friend’s brother teaches in Daegu and I saw that he went bungee jumping. I could check both off of my bucket list.

DMZ- I went here when I studied abroad, but I don’t think I appreciated it at the time so I wouldn’t mind visiting it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment