Friday, March 26, 2010

AK Continued



After I was on flat ground again, bought some dry socks and realized I hadn't broken any bones (or nails), the group headed to our hotel. One of the best things about Korea are the heated floors which was perfect to lay out our clothes to dry. Before dinner, I went to my first jjimjilbang which is Korean for bathhouse. It's basically a large room with showers, hot tubs, and saunas so it was nice to relax after a tough day.

For dinner we had traditional Korean BBQ and I had my first taste of "mountain wine." It was delicious and reminded me of communion grape juice. We ended the night singing our hearts out at noraebang (karaoke). Usually, you get a private room, but this time we had a huge banquet hall to ourselves. There was a big projector screen, stage, and dance floor. I literally felt like I was on a cruise ship, but overall it was a good time.

Surprisingly, I wasn't too sore the next day. Another hike was planned so we were up and ready to go pretty early. On the second day the sun was out and there were blue skies and thankfully my clothes had dried from the day before. Hiking the second day was a whole lot easier than the first. The trail curved around a natural spring water stream and I even got to taste it. The water tasted like Perrier with a hint of iron in it. The views were beautiful and it was refreshing to be outside away from the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment