Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Funday

Today was a perfect girls day out.

-Went window shopping at Lotte department store: The Korean economy is definitely not down. The high end department store was packed with people buying things. It's about six floors and I loved seeing the pastel colors of the spring collections on display. I didn't bring any (well not very many) spring or summer clothes so I can't wait to stalk up on cute sundresses.

-Had lunch at TGI Fridays: Typically this wouldn't be a big deal, but it was delicious and it was the first American restaurant I've been to in a while. I stared at the menu for quite some time debating between all of my options, but in the end I decided on a burger (even though the kimchi pilaf was quite tempting).

-Costco run: Yes, there is Costco in Korea and it's just a short cab ride away. The closest Costco on the west side of Michigan is 45 minutes away, so I feel quite lucky. It's all the same too. They have the Kirkland brand, plenty of samples, and the same food court menu with the enormous pizza for only $10.99. What a deal. Today, I got a lot of random items like a large jar of pickles, cheese (obviously), and some sausage. My diet is like it was back in college: lots of yogurt, eggs, and now pickles. Thank goodness I have wonderful friends who are a little more domestic than me and can cook. I'm their best customer.

-Sat at a coffee shop for two hours and reminisced about old school favorite movies including: Clueless, 10 Things I Hate About You, Mean Girls, She's the Man, etc. Reciting lines from those movies just never gets old. We planned the ultimate movie marathon for the end of March.

-Saw Alice in Wonderland: It just came out this weekend and I was dying to see it so I'm glad I did! I didn't see it in 3-D, but I'm willing to go see it again in 3-D. I loved it! Obviously Alice in Wonderland is a classic tale and with the help of modern technology it really added a lot to the movie. The art direction was amazing and Johnny Depp was perfect for the Mad Hatter.

P.S. Happy Oscar Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment