Saturday, March 27, 2010

...but wait there's more!

The +'s of Home Plus:

-Freebies: After I realized the only things I had in my refrigerator were a large jar of pickles and some butter, I decided it was time for a much needed trip to HP. As I was browsing the aisles, an employee came up and offered me a sample of fried tofu. I'm such a sucker for good sales people so I bought the tofu she was promoting. Not only did I get one package of tofu, but attached to it was another one and a bag of bean sprouts! What a deal. I've noticed that it's common for brands to attach promotional items to their products. I'm always receiving free drinks with my random purchases at the convenient store. It's like getting a good prize from cereal box, but ten times better.

-Spotted: On my walk home from HP I saw a husband, wife and their baby driving in their SUV. Sounds pretty normal right? Well, the baby was wedged in between the man driving and the steering wheel. Not normal nor is it safe.

-Uniforms: Grocery store outfits usually aren't runway material, but HP is different. The girls wear these white pleated skits with these furry leg warmers that go over their shoes. I want a pair.

-Entertainment: I've only seen it happen once, but on occasion the HP employees sing and dance in the aisles! Have you ever seen the YouTube video of a typical day at the grocery store, but then everyone breaks out in a musical? If you haven't, search it. My dream world is to live in a pink, sparkly, musical world and HP (almost) makes it come true. And plus you're bound to be in a better mood after hearing a little song and seeing a little dance at the grocery store.

-Samples: No need to explain the perks of samples.

-Employees: The employee to customer ratio is probably 1:1. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but there are probably at least two assigned to every aisle. It would be nice if I could ask them where :::insert most random food item here:::, especially since HP is so big, but I don't speak Korean.

No comments:

Post a Comment