Thursday, March 11, 2010

You Just got Punk'd

This morning I woke up to two (bad) surprises:

1.) There was a light dusting of snow on the ground
2.) The Style Channel was down

Common Mother Nature, get your act together. People in Michigan expect snow in March. It's perfectly normal to wear flip flops one day and Uggs the next. However, the words snow, March and Daejeon just don't go together. I quickly got over the weather and began my morning routine. I always turn on the Style channel in hopes of an episode of SATC or a cheesy chick flick to listen to while I get ready.

Well, I didn't get SATC or a movie. I got a blue TV screen. I tried the "turn the TV off, turn it back on" procedure (because that works every time), but it didn't work. It was still blue and there was still no sign of the Style channel. Sigh. Some people drink coffee to get their morning boost, I need TV. I settled on listening to music this morning, thank goodness for Glee, and headed to work... in the snow and deprived of the Style channel.

My day did get better and my morning really wasn't as bad as it may sound. I found out that I get to go into work later two days a week and leave early on Fridays all because I teach eight classes on Tuesdays. Not a bad deal.

P.S. After 48 hours of no Style channel, it's finally up and running again. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment