Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oops... I Did It Again

That's right. I did it again. I made another student cry. The majority of the crying incidents weren't because of me, but this one was. Today was the first day of spring term and in one of my Sprout 2 classes a boy started crying. I saw his lips quivering and the tears coming so I got down on my knees, handed him a tissue, and asked him what was wrong. You'll never guess his response.

"Teacher, you're too scary!"

ME?! Scary? He must have been joking.

I had had a few students in the class last term so they helped explain to him that I wasn't scary and was actually quite nice (I could tell they were hysterically laughing on the inside that this poor boy thought I was scary).

Anyways, we cleared things up and quickly got over the situation. To top it off, his name is Edgar.

Crying Total: Somewhere around 9

No comments:

Post a Comment