Monday, July 19, 2010

Blinded by the Light

For those of you who have been losing sleep over the fact that the overhead lights in my apartment might still broken, well sleep tight tonight because they finally work! I waited until the next day hoping they'd magically turn on in the morning, but unfortunately they didn't. I noticed there was a restart button so I pressed it, but that did nothing. Then I found and checked my circuit box. All of the switches were flipped to on, so that wasn't the problem either. Luckily, Mr. Zin (our go-to guy at work) can do anything and so he replaced the fuse and wah-la... there was light.

I was only in the dark for less than 48 hours, but then... my hot water went out. Every so often, the PA in my apartment goes off and a man speaks super fast in Korean. Not that the speed of his voice matters since I can't understand him anyways, but I feel like sometimes what he has to say is important. Past announcements have been about broken elevators and other various maintenance issues, but what if he says something about the Itel being on fire or a deadly monsoon outside?! I'd have no idea. Anyways, (I guess) his past announcement was about the hot water being turned off for A FEW DAYS. I think they check it and clean the pipes or something, but because of it I had to take cold showers. Luckily, by the time I got back from MudFest, it was turned back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment