Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Buggie Boo

In my infamous Seed 1 class with Lion and Hedgehog, there's a new student named Eddy. He's missing his two front teeth and suffers from ADHD. Today I noticed him following something around on his book with his pencil. As I walked over to his desk I realized that it was a little bug. I mean it was probably about the size of a gnat and it looked like it had wings (too small to tell), but it wasn't going anywhere. I grabbed a tissue off my desk and was about to smush it and throw it away, but then little Eddy told me not to kill it. Before I could say anything, he picked up the little bug and gently placed it inside his pencil case. I just about died from holding in my laughter.

I let it go and continued on with class. About 30 minutes later, I saw Eddy open up his pencil case and whisper, "Where are you, bug? Bug, where are you?". He looked a little upset when he couldn't find it amongst the broken pencils and eraser shavings in his pouch, but then his toothless smile spread across his face and sure enough, the bug was still there. I just hope the bug survived the bus ride home.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Michelle, I'm at work reading your entries (whoopsies) and dying laughing at this one. I love it! More please! miss you love ~Emmy

    ReplyDelete