Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gullible

I don't think I ever fell for the "Did you know that gullible was taken out of the dictionary?" or "Did you know that gullible is written on the ceiling?" jokes growing up (well, maybe the second one), but I did believe this ridiculous story a student told me on Monday during break. It went a little something like this:

W: "Teacher, teacher, did you hear what happened to Noah?*"
M: "No, what happened?"
W: "He was walking to school (insert walking motion here) and a car hit him!"
M: "What?!**"
W: "Yeah, he was walking to school and a car hit him (insert car hitting motion)!"
M: "Oh my god, is he ok? Did he break anything?"
W: "I think he's ok. He's at the hospital. I saw everything happen."
M: "Oh my god, we should all make cards for him. I hope he's ok."
W: :::bursts out laughing:::

*Noah was absent Monday for an unidentified reason.
**I was not surprised that he "was hit by a car." Right outside April, there's an intersection AKA a four way stop, however, there aren't any stop signs. Cars are always speeding right through the intersection and crosswalk without slowing down. And that's my justification for believing his story. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment