Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So Long Sweet Summer

As much as I love the heat, sundresses and picnics outside, I've come to realization that summer is officially over. The biggest difference between my summer in Korea and a summer spent on the beach in Michigan is my lack of tan lines and sun kissed cheeks. Korea's mentality is the whiter the skin, the better.

-Newsflash-
Oversized sunglasses: Out
Oversized visors: In

Everyone wears these silly looking visors that cover their whole face. They also carry umbrellas around to shade themselves and instead of tanning lotions, they sell skin whitening creams. In the long run, they age slower and skin cancer isn't as common. I hope my summer of paleness will cancel out 22 years of prickly heat, sun poisoning, and peeling skin.

I told you it's a new trend. Juicy Couture is even on board with oversized visors.

No comments:

Post a Comment