Monday, October 18, 2010

Stage Mom in Training

There's this new tool at April called the Creative Cafe. Every other week I upload my students acting videos to this website and all of the branches in Korea are able to see the videos, make comments and rate their performances. Depending on the ratings, number of comments, and number of views the best videos get points, prizes, and recognition. As of this past Saturday, one of my classes was in third place! Today, the video dropped to sixth, but I know they'll get back to the top three again. If they move up to the number one spot, I'll even get a special, Best Director, award! I better start preparing my acceptance speech now.

Instead of acting, my youngest class performs a song. I really wish I could show you the video because it is quite possibly the.cutest.thing.ever. Even though their actual singing was only mediocre aka silent, their motions and dancing that went with it were adorable. To top it off, the whole time my students were on stage, I was standing in front of them performing the motions full out and mouthing the words as big as I could. I definitely felt like a stage mom.

1 comment:

  1. is there really no way we could see this video? id love to see your adorable students, but even more so, id love to see you acting it out in front of them...

    ReplyDelete