Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bowling, Birthdays, and [no] Broken Nails

This past weekend was my friend's birthday. We took Friday night off and finally saw SATC 2. I know it got awful reviews, but I abso-(f*ing)-lutely loved it! It doesn't take much for me to be entertained, but the movie brought a handful of good laugh-out-louds, fashion-yes-pleases, and how could you not love Tim Gunn's cameo?! Also, the movie theater now sells Arizona Iced Tea, enough said.

Saturday was jam packed. We started the day off bowling. I'm not the best bowler because I'm always worried about breaking a nail (seriously), but I always have fun. I'd just like to point out that I had the second highest score (97) on my team, a few spares, and even a strike. After bowling, we headed to TFI Fridays for some good old chain restaurant food. It was delicious and I fell into food coma shortly after. The best part about TGI Fridays is that they know how to do birthdays. Sure, most restaurants sing and clap, but TGI Fridays goes all out and their silly hats top it off.

Later that night, we went to Yellow Taxi, a new, super chic bar. The birthday girl used to be a professional singer in Las Vegas and has an amazing voice. The quote "You can sing the YellowPages" as they say on American Idol definitely holds true to her. She performed for about two hours first with a guitarist and then with the Urban Achievers, a CDI formed band. The last song she sang was dedicated to me and my obsession with GLEE and sang, "Don't Stop Believing." The cast of GLEE sure has some tough competition and I'm not talking about Vocal Adrenaline.

Sunday was just as busy. A bunch of us went to dakgalbi and then went shopping. I need more summery, work appropriate clothes and funny enough, I ran into a bunch of Korean staff who were all doing the same. Sunday night was A's birthday celebration part two. We frequently go to La Cellier, a restaurant down the street from my apartment, to relax on Sunday nights. Some people there threw a mini par-tay for A and we enjoyed another concert from her. I'd say it was a successful, birthday weekend filled with good food, laughs, and music.

Check out the guys TGI Friday's inspired guitar.
The birthday girl!
Check out my form!
We should start a bowling league.
No big deal... M- 97.

No comments:

Post a Comment