Friday, June 4, 2010

Whipped Into Shape...

Brooke Windham style.

Name that movie.

Legally Blonde. It's actually a song from Legally Blonde: The Musical and the scene involves lots of jump roping and it looks incredibly tiring and hard, but it's a great way to start off Act 2.

Anyways, the point of the title is that Brooke Windham is an exercise instructor and I just joined a gym to get whipped into shape. Shocking, I know. I've never been a gym goer. I think I went to IM West three times during my whole college career and it was just to watch Laguna Beach on the elliptical.

The gym I joined is right across the street from my apartment so I have no excuse not to go. There are also personal TV's on each machine so if I go at the right time, I can watch all of my favorite shows on the style channel. The staff there are all extremely nice and helpful.

There's this one guy who helped me sign up. He knows little English, but is fluent in Spanish so he always tries talking to me in it thinking that I'll understand. I mean I did take Spanish for four years, but all I can understand him say is si, si. They also provide you with gym clothes so everyone wears the same thing and it's less laundry for me to do. I need new tennis shoes and I really want Reebok EasyTone shoes. I hope to keep my gym visits frequent and will be ready to show off a bangin' beach body at MudFest.

1 comment: