Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The World Cup

I never realized how big of a deal soccer was (besides David Beckham) until now. In case you are less of a sports fan than me, the World Cup is taking place in South Africa over the next month. The South Korea Red Devils played their first game against Greece and won 2-0! I'm not really sure what the next step for their team is or even when their next game is, but I think their win was a big deal (question mark, ha).

Walking around Saturday reminded me of a typical tailgating scene at MSU (P.S. I know Izzo coaches basketball, but please don't leave MSU). Everyone was dressed in red, sporting light up devil horns, carrying noise makers, and rallying before the game. I felt like every restaurant, bar, and even the convenient stores had the game on. It was a fun crowd to be around so hopefully the SK Red Devils can keep their winning streak up.

No comments:

Post a Comment