Tuesday, June 15, 2010

R Rated

Today I led a Topic Discussion on the human body. For the first part my students had to make a list of all of the body parts they knew. We started at the top with the head and worked our way down to our toes. For the second part, they had to choose what they thought the most important body part was and list two reason why. I was thinking they'd pick obvious ones like the brain or heart, however, they didn't. A few students raised they hand and asked what "this" was called and pointed "down there." I tried to play it off and said stomach and quickly changed the subject really pushing them to choose the brain or heart. I didn't get out of it too easily because then a boy asked the same question. Really?! I kept talking about how important the brain was and persuaded them to choose that. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment